VISITOR ACCESS RESTRICTIONS
Essential Visitor: An individual who is in a support role for a patient or who is legally responsible for making health care decisions on behalf of a patient. This may include family members, friends or another individual who is there to support the patient. The designation of support person is not intended to replace the term patient’s legal representative. If this person meets criteria for exclusion (fever, cough, shortness of breath and/or close contact with person with positive COVID-19 or recent travel to Level 3 country), he/she may not come to the hospital to visit and all communications will be by telephone.
Entrances to the hospital for all visitors and patients will be restricted to the following entrances only:
- ED entrance
- Main ED entrance – 24/7
- ED entrance by security – 7AM - 8PM
- Draper entrance – 7AM - 8PM
All other entrances will be locked and available for egress from the facility only or be accessed by badge access for certain personnel.
- All hospital visitors/vendors will be screened upon entrance for recent travel, new onset fever, cough, shortness of breath and recent close contact with person confirmed positive for COVID-19.
- Any visitor with new onset cough, shortness of breath and/or fever will be instructed to visit their primary care physician for follow up care and treatment; and shall not be allowed to enter the hospital.
- Any visitor with recent (14 days) travel history to a CDC/WHO designated high risk travel area shall not be allowed to enter the hospital.
- Any visitor with recent close contact with persons who tested positive for COVID-19 shall not be allowed to enter the hospital.
- For visitors who screen negative, visitation will be limited to one (1) adult (over age 18) for 15 minutes each day per patient.
- Patients in isolation for COVID-19 are not to have visitors.
- Patients undergoing surgery/procedure may have one visitor, who has screened negative, prior to and after return from surgery and must adhere to visitation restrictions.
- Mothers arriving in labor will be allowed to have one support person, who has screened negative, accompany them.
- ED patients will be allowed one visitor, who has screened negative, to remain throughout ED stay.
- Non-essential vendors or personnel will not be allowed entry starting immediately including product vendors and pharmaceutical reps. Essential vendors are those bringing necessary supplies for procedures and will be approved by calling the OR/Cath Lab Directors and/or through Purchasing.
Steward Health Care is committed to the safety, health and well-being of our patients, staff, and the communities we serve. We will provide additional updates as they become available.
In the meantime, for more information, please contact your doctor or visit the Center for Disease and Control (CDC) Prevention website on Coronavirus