What Should I Know About Norwood Hospital?
At Norwood Hospital, we are committed to caring for patients as we would our own families. We are a full service, 215-bed community hospital for adults and children, and we understand the importance of delivering world class health care along with the latest advances in technology and treatment options.
We take pride in our 100-year heritage of providing health care services to Norwood and our surrounding communities. And, to meet the needs of today’s changing health care environment, we continue to grow our team of primary care physicians, highly trained specialists and treatment services.
Today, Norwood Hospital boasts a full range of patient care services, from our Small Miracles Maternity Unit to a state-of-the-art robotic-assisted orthopedic surgery program. We also offer a sophisticated cancer care program, comprehensive radiology and imaging services, and a life-saving cardiac catheterization lab.
Norwood Hospital is proud to have earned the following designations:
- Accredited by The Joint Commission for meeting national healthcare quality and safety standards.
- We have achieved the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award for 2018, the 6th time in 8 years that we have received this award.
- Thirty-one Norwood Hospital physicians were named to Boston magazine's Top Doctors of 2017 list.
- The Center for Weight Control at Norwood Hospital is a MBSAQIP Accredited Center, ensuring we meet or exceed the highest standards for safety and outcomes nationallyWe are a recipient of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®Stroke Gold Plus & Target Stroke Honor Roll Award.
- We have been designated a Blue Distinction+ Center by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts for expertise in Knee and Hip Replacement Surgery.
- We have been designated a Blue Distinction+ Center by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts for expertise in Maternity Services.
- Recognized as a Gold Level Status from New England Donor Services in recognition of our support of organ and tissue donation.
- Accredited by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer as a Quality Community Cancer Program.
Norwood Hospital is committed to providing personalized, high quality care in a compassionate environment to our community; we look forward to being your preferred medical partner. For help finding a doctor for you or your family member at Norwood Hospital, call 800-488-5959.