What Should I Know About Norwood Hospital?
- Awards & Recognitions
- Community Health & Outreach
- Senior Leadership Team
- Newsroom & Media
- Careers / For Professionals
- Pharmacy Residency Program
- Satellite Locations
At Norwood Hospital, we are committed to caring for patients as we would our own families. We are a full service, 215-bed community hospital for adults and children, and we understand the importance of delivering world class health care along with the latest advances in technology and treatment options.
We take pride in our 100-year heritage of providing health care services to Norwood and our surrounding communities. And, to meet the needs of today’s changing health care environment, we continue to grow our team of primary care physicians, highly trained specialists and treatment services.
Today, Norwood Hospital boasts a full range of patient care services, from our Small Miracles Maternity Unit to a state-of-the-art robotic-assisted orthopedic surgery program. We also offer a sophisticated cancer care program, comprehensive radiology and imaging services, and a life-saving cardiac catheterization lab.
Norwood Hospital is proud to have earned the following designations:
- Norwood Hospital has been accredited by The Joint Commission for meeting national health care quality and safety standards
- Recipient of multiple Healthgrades awards, including:
- Patient Safety Excellence Award™ for 3 Years in a Row (2017-2019)
- Top 5% in the Nation Patient Safety for 3 Years in a Row (2017-2019)
- Five-Star for Total Knee Replacement
- General Surgery Excellence Award 2020; among the top 10 percent in the nation for General Surgery
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Blue Distinction+ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement
- American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer accredited Community Hospital Cancer Program
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Target: Stroke Honor Roll Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award 2019 for the 4th year in a row
- Baby-Friendly designation, as awarded by Baby-Friendly USA, Inc., a global program sponsored by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Blue Distinction+ Center for Maternity Services
Norwood Hospital is committed to providing personalized, high quality care in a compassionate environment to our community; we look forward to being your preferred medical partner. For help finding a doctor for you or your family member at Norwood Hospital, call 800-488-5959.