Norwood Performance Therapy
Whether you are recovering from a sports or other orthopedic injury or surgery, have needs related to a neurological condition, or have an issue affecting your work and/or daily quality of life, Norwood Performance Therapy’s team of physical, occupational and speech therapists therapists are here to help you return to doing the activities you enjoy by regaining mobility and function and decreasing or eliminating pain. Our team of physical and occupational therapists collaborate closely with your referring physician.
Learn More About Norwood Performance Therapy
Learn More About Our Approach and Philosophy with Physical Therapy Supervisor James Green, PT, DPT
Norwood Performance Therapy – New State-of-the-Art Facility
All of our services are provided in a state-of-the-art, newly-constructed facility in Norwood complete with a special sport floor, private treatment rooms and equipped with the latest equipment, including the HydroWorx 350 Pool with Treadmill for aquatic therapy, VIVE Virtual Reality therapy system, Keiser Functional Trainer, Sci-Fit Recumbent Stepper, Total Gym and kettle bells.
Our specialty programs include:
- Aquatic therapy with the HydroWorx 350 Pool and Treadmill
- Occupational therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology at Balsamo Building, Norwood
- Pelvic Floor therapy
- Hand and upper extremity therapy
- Total joint (revision or replacement) rehabilitation
- Spine rehabilitation
- Balance training
- Sports injury prevention and management
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue massage
- Strength training and conditioning
- VIVE Virtual Reality therapy system
- Functional Movement Screening (FMS) system
About Aquatic Therapy
Norwood Performance Therapy features on-site aquatic therapy capabilities with the HydroWorx 350 Pool and Treadmill. The HydroWorx pool is designed to help patients safely accelerate rehabilitation with less pain. The HydroWorx underwater treadmill is integrated seamlessly into the pool floor and takes advantage of the body’s buoyancy in water and can reduce the amount of body weight during a physical therapy session. This, in conjunction with therapeutic warm water, can allow for decreased joint compression and pain.
For aquatic therapy appointments, private changing and lockers are available. All patients should bring a towel and wear appropriate bathing or similar garments.
To schedule an appointment with any of our physical and occupational therapists, please contact us at 781-278-4500 or fill out an appointment form at the bottom of this page.
Location and Parking
Norwood Performance Therapy is located next to SMG Norwood Orthopedic Associates off Boston Providence Turnpike (Rte. 1) in Norwood, MA. We are right near the Norwood South Park shopping plaza.
There is plenty of free parking for patients and visitors in front of our practice in the shopping plaza.
General Appointment Information
To make an evaluation appointment, please contact us at 781-278-4500. You will need the name of your referring physician and your insurance information in order to book an appointment.
Norwood Performance Therapy accepts most types of insurance. Please be aware that all copays are due at the time of each appointment. If you have a work-related injury, please provide your workers' compensation information. If this is related to a motor vehicle accident, please provide the information for the insurance company.
What to Bring to Your First Appointment
- Therapy referral/prescription from your physician (this is required for evaluation)
- Copy of your insurance information
- New patient evaluation forms, which you can download here, print and fill out prior to your appointment
What to Expect at Your First Appointment
- Dress comfortably in order to work with the therapist
- Arrive 10 minutes early for your initial appointment so that you can check-in and complete any remaining paperwork
- Your evaluation will last 60 minutes, during this time your therapist will evaluate your injury, establish a plan of care for treatment, and discuss the frequency and length of therapy required
- Follow-up appointments will be booked after your evaluation; these can be from 30 minutes to one-hour sessions depending on the therapy specialty
Learn More from Orthopedic Surgeons Jinsil Sung, MD and Tracy Webber, MD