Treatments for Urological Conditions and Diseases at Norwood Hospitals
Urological conditions affect men and women of all ages. A variety of treatments, both surgical and non-surgical, are available at Norwood Hospital to treat a full range of urological diseases and conditions, including:
- Benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH)
- Incontinence and pelvic floor disorders
- Conditions of the urinary tract including infections
- Erectile dysfunction/impotence
- Kidney disorders
- Male infertility
- Overactive bladder
- Stones (bladder, kidney and ureteral)
- Urologic cancers (bladder, kidney, prostate and testicular)
State-of-the-Art Diagnostic Testing for Prostate Cancer
Fusion Biopsy is an advanced technology for prostate cancer screening, diagnosis and active surveillance. Fusion Biopsy uses images from a pre-exam MRI of the prostate and fuses them with real-time ultrasound images, creating high-definition 3D color images that enable physicians to accurately target abnormal tissue during an ultrasound-guided biopsy.
This technology helps our board-certified urologists to better pinpoint abnormal tissue, allowing for more accurate detection and earlier treatment intervention.
Micah Hemani, Hemani
Alexander W. Pang