24-Hour Emergency Services at Norwood Hospital
Norwood's Emergency Room Amenities
- Rapid recognition and treatment of heart attacks in Norwood Hospital’s on-site cardiac catheterization lab for advanced and immediate cardiac care.
- Designation as a Primary Stroke Service Provider by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, a standard developed to ensure the best possible outcomes for patients. Certification requires that a hospital’s ED meets strict guidelines for treating individuals with stroke symptoms, including treating patients by using thrombolytics, clot-busting drugs considered the standard of care for treating certain kinds of strokes.
- Pediatricians deliver 24/7 medical attention to young patients in the pediatric wing of the ED.
- A patient and family liaison dedicated to serving as a communications link between patients, family members, and ED staff to optimize the flow of information during an emergency-driven situation.
- Heliport access allows helicopter transport for critical and specialized care to other institutions if needed.
Things You Will Need When Visiting The ER at Norwood
- Health insurance information
- All current medications
- The name of your family physician
- Immunization records, such as influenza and pneumonia vaccine for adults and standard immunizations for children
If you or someone you know is experiencing a medical emergency, dial 911 or visit the nearest emergency department.