COVID-19 Updates and Resources
Norwood Hospital COVID-19 Care and Response – March 31, 2020 Update
Norwood Hospital continues to offer COVID-19 testing via our Outpatient Testing site along with treating patients in our hospital with the virus and virus-like symptoms. Below are more details about how to access testing and care along with making a donation to our hospital. During this time, we encourage social distancing, washing hands and if you have a fever, cough or other symptoms call your primary care physician first.
COVID-19 Outpatient Testing
Testing done at our Outpatient Testing site (located in our former DAY SURGERY AREA) is performed with both:
- A physician's laboratory order, which can be faxed to 781-278-6811.
- A patient appointment, which can be made by the patient by calling 781-278-4499.
Please Note, THIS IS NOT A WALK-IN CLINIC. Norwood Hospital operates the Outpatient Testing site 7 days a week. We do change days and hours of operation based on the quantity of tests we have available.
COVID-19 Test Results
- For results, please follow-up with your primary care physician.
- For return-to-work paperwork, please follow-up with your primary care physician The turn-around time on test results currently varies and is being impacted by the number of tests performed throughout the state.
Thank you to the many individuals and businesses in our community for your donations of food and equipment. Your support means the world to us during this time. To make a donation, please email [email protected].
Norwood Hospital is committed to ensuring the safety and health of our community, patients and staff, and will continue to provide regular COVID-19 updates. If you have any questions or concerns, please call our Information Line at 781-278-4444.
March 20, 2020 Update
As part of our emergency response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), Norwood Hospital has moved Outpatient Testing operations to a dedicated site ADJACENT (to the left) of the emergency department in our DAY SURGERY area.
Follow these steps to schedule testing:
- If you have symptoms, including fever, cough or respiratory distress, please first contact your primary care physician who will provide next steps.
- This is not a walk-in center for COVID-19 testing. Patients who may be tested here must have a LABORATORY ORDER FROM THEIR PHYSICIAN.
- If a COVID-19 test is recommended, please call Norwood Hospital’s dedicated COVID- 19 testing pre-registration line at 781-278-4499.
- Physicians, please fax lab orders to 781-278-6811.
Is the tent operational?
The tent is no longer in use for testing of suspected COVID-19 patients. It will be used in the future for potential patient influx. As such, we will keep it erected for the foreseeable future. If we do operationalize the test again, Norwood Hospital will communicate that publicly.
How long does it take to get results?
Testing is being conducted at our laboratory in Marlboro with turn around often within 48 hours. Please check back for updates.
Norwood Hospital is committed to ensuring the safety and health of our community, patients and staff and will continue to provide regular COVID-19 updates. If you have any questions or concerns, please call our Information Line at 781-278-4444.
Norwood Community Media - COVID-19 Updates with Norwood Hospital
Breastfeeding 101 Course
For our new moms, we are here to support you in your breastfeeding journey. While we cannot meet in person, we have published our Breastfeeding 101 class content to support you during this time! Click here to download the class content.
If you have any questions after reading the class content, please contact our Lactation Clinic at 781-278-6413 or email [email protected].